The Red Star Line Museum is located in the old buildings of the Red Star Line shipping company on the Scheldt quays where the steam ships used to dock.
When is the museum open?
- from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (On 24 and 31 December the museum closes exceptionally at 3 p.m.)
- exceptionally on Easter Monday and Whit Monday
The museum is closed:
- on Mondays, except for Easter Monday and Whit Monday
- on January 1st, May 1st, November 1st and December 25th
How to get here?
There is a bike stand in front of the museum and on the corner of the Rijnkaai and the Montevideostraat.
By Velo (shared bikes to rent)
Right next to the museum there is a Velo station, on the Rijnkaai. More information on www.velo-antwerpen.be.
- Tram 7 (Mortsel - Eilandje), get off at terminus MAS and walk 450 m.
- Tram 24 (Silsburg - Havenhuis), get off at stop 'Londen' and walk 600 mtrs.
- Tram 1 (P+R Luchtbal - Zuidstation), get off at the stop Noorderplaats. I's a short walk (15 minutes) from the Noorderplaats to the Red Star Line Museum.
For updates, check delijn.be/en
Park your car at the Rijnkaai car park (Waagnatie - Rijnkaai 33) or in the streets near the museum.
Pay attention: remember that the entire city centre of Antwerp and Linkeroever (the Left Bank) are a low emission zone. Polluting vehicles may no longer enter the low emission zone. Check before coming to Antwerp whether your vehicle complies with the conditions for entry with this test.
Compulsory registration: All vehicles with a foreign plate (except Dutch number plates) complying with the conditions for entry must be registered once-only. Registration is free and can be done up to 24 hours after entering the zone. Register your car here.
You can find further information about the low emission zone in Antwerp at www.sna.be/en/lez.
At Antwerp Central Station, take the underground: tram 9 or 15 direction Linkeroever, get off at the stop 'Meir'. Leave the underground station via the exit "Sint-Katelijnevest" and take tram 7 above ground to the final stop MAS. Then walk 600 mtrs to the Red Star Line Museum.
You can find the train timetable at www.nmbs.be.
By waterbus over the Scheldt
The waterbus connects Hemiksem and Lillo and stops at the Steenplein (where you have to get off). If you come from the Left bank, you can also take the ferry. All practical information such as rates and departure times can be found on dewaterbus.be.